Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Scam Email: Vivian Peston

Sharon forwarded me a scam email she received. She seemed to have some lingering doubt as to whether it was a scam or not, but it definitely is.

Hi,

I have received an inquiry about my artwork and think this one is a spammer. Might not be, but as there were a few red flags, thought I'd pass this correspondence thread along as the name Vivian Peston did not appear on the list of names on your site.

Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: Vivian Peston [vivianpeston@yahoo.com]
Sent: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 8:23 pm
Subject: Re: Mailing Info?

Hello Sharon,
Good to hear back from you. Yes, I will like to proceed with the purchase of both “Gramercy Park West Snow” ($900) and “Union Square Winter” ($1200). I really like them and I believe they will make a beautiful home. Kindly take them off your website and consider them sold to me.
Though, I am presently away in Geneva, Switzerland for my twin sister's wedding even though it comes at a time when I was preparing for a big move and also expecting a baby but it means so much to her. I should be back in few days.
Meanwhile, I will like you to forward your name, standard mailing address and phone number so I can inform my husband who is still shuttling between our home in New Jersey and London, United Kingdom on where to forward the payment by (Cashier’s Check). He has just been promoted and transfers to head the plant section of their head office in London.
I will also contact the shipping agent that will be shipping our entire house decorative so he can get in touch with you to arrange for the pickup at your address or studio as soon as you receive the payment and clear your bank.
I will look forward to hearing from you so i can know how best to proceed. Cheers.
Best Regards,
Vivian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vivian Peston [vivianpeston@yahoo.com]
Sent: Mon, Nov 21, 2011 10:55 am
Subject: Re: Purchase Info..

Hello Sharon,
Thanks so much for your response to my query about those creative works. Yes I will like to proceed with the purchase of both “Gramercy Park West Snow” ($900) and “Union Square Winter” ($1200). They are really nice and I must commend you for the job well done.
Can you please get back with what inspire you to make this nice works as to know how best to proceed with the purchase?
I will look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Vivian

-----Original Message-----
From: Vivian Peston [vivianpeston@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun, Nov 20, 2011 9:44 am
Subject: Purchase Info..

Hello ,
Hope this message finds you well. I saw these realistic creative artworks on your website ([url as inserted here]). They are really nice and I am interested in them.  Kindly get back to me as soon as you can if they are still available for purchase including their prices. They are titled as;
“Gramercy Park West Snow” and
“Union Square Winter”
I will appreciate your prompt reply.
Best Regards,
Vivian.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for the info about art scams. "Vivian Peston" who's name is on your list was very interested in scamming my wife to the point where my wife had received the check. We thought from the beginning that this whole thing seemed weird but had no idea how it could be a scam until I couldn't take the weirdness anymore and found your site.

    Thanks again!
    John

    ReplyDelete