Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Scam Email: Janet Ward

Notice how this spammer created a disposable email address that doesn't even make sense - no real person with the name of Ward would have an email address like this. Also, the artist who forwarded this to me kept asking the scammer how they found her website and you'll notice the scammer keeps ignoring the question and just proceeds with the steps of the scam. See how this is probably the same scammer as our Janet Miller report.

This was what was forwarded to me:

Kathleen - Just, on a whim! checked art fraud sites and found yours....so here are the name and correspondence from my latest  "art buyer"....Thanks so much for doing this!   Kate

First email:
From: Janet Ward [jan.ard0010@gmail.com]
Subject: Artworks Inquiry...

Hi,

Hope this message finds you well. I saw these creatives works on your
web site and i will like you to get back with more details if they are
still available for purchase.

"Floundering Souls"  and  "Eat it All..."

I will appreciate an urgent reply.

Best Regards,
Janet.
Second Email:
Hi Kate ,

Thanks so much for your response to my query about those creative works. I will like to  proceed with the purchase of both pieces  (  "Floundering Souls"  5' x 5' oil painting  and  "Eat it All..."   as a 19 1/2 " x 24 1/2"  giclee print  ). Can you pls confirm the  price  of the two pieces so i can know how best to proceed.  I will also like to know  what inspire you to make the pieces.


I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Janet.
Third email:
From: Janet Ward [jan.ard0010@gmail.com]
Subject: Re: Artworks Inquiry...

Hi Kate ,

Good to hear back from you. Yes,i will like to proceed with the purchase of "Floundering Souls" . I think it is a lovely work  and i hope to give it a good home. I first heard about your work fromBullWings: Orcas Issues!.

I am presently away in London for my twin sister's wedding even though it comes at a time when i was preparing for a big move and also expecting a baby but it means so much to her. I should be back in few days.

Meanwhile,i will like you to forward your mailing address and phone number so i can inform my husband still shutling between our home in New Jersey and Jo'burg, SA on where to forward the payment . He has just been transfer to head the IT section of their head Office in Jo'burg.

I can also forward your contact info to the local cartage company that will be moving all our house decors so they can get in touch with you to arrange shipping details. They can arrange  FedEx pick up of the artwork from your studio.
 
I will look forward to hearing from you so i can know how best to proceed. Cheers.


Best Regards,
Janet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    This thread from several years ago just came up when I tried searching for an email I thought was likely a scam. The name Julia Flamini does not appear on your list, so you might wish to add it. Here is email #2. As you will see, some lines are identical.

    Hi Jude,
    Thanks so much for your response to my query about those creative
    works. I will like to proceed with the purchase of both pieces . Can
    you pls confirm the actual size and price of the two pieces so i can
    know how best to proceed. I will also like to know what inspire you
    to make the pieces.

    I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Best Regards,
    Julia.

    Thanks so much for maintaining this site! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I just got dinged by our pal Julia Flamini as well. They certainly know what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to thank you for your Sacmmer information. I received the email couple days ago (2nd email copied below) and I thought that it was a little suspicious. so I googled her name Julia Flamini and I found it under your list. OMG! Thank you so much! K

    Hi K ,
    It is nice to hear back from you. I will like to proceed with the purchase of "Scrap 0313 ,". I think it is a lovely work and I hope to give it a good home.

    I am presently traveling for my Sister's wedding even though it comes at a time when I am preparing for a big move to Miami Beach, FL but it means so much to her and I should be back in few days.

    Miami Beach, FL 33140

    Meanwhile, can you pls get back with your mailing address and phone number so I can inform my husband on where to forward the payment. He can have one of his PA handle the payment asap. About shipping , you
    can handle it from your side to my new address above or I can forward your contact info to the local cartage company handling the shipment of all our house decors. They can arrange FedEx or UPS pick up of the artwork from your studio.

    I will look forward to hearing from you so i can know how best to proceed.

    Cheers.

    Julia.

    ReplyDelete