Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Scam Email: Renata and Robert Dennis

Hi Kathleen -

In the spirit of trying to keep scammers from taking the joy of receiving an actual purchase order for our art, here an email I received that looks pretty fishy to me - down to the email address:


Renata [info9842@gmail.com]
May 7 (1 day ago)
to bcc: me

*Good Day,How is everything with you? I picked interest in your artwork and
decided to write you. I will like to know if your artwork can be purchased
and shipped internationally?.I can email the artwork of interest and
payment will be completed in full once you confirm my purchase order with a
quotation.Kindly let me know when you are in office and ready to take my
artwork order also let me know if you accept either PayPal / Stripe
International Payment or Visa Card or Master Card for payment?Furthermore
you can email me your recently updated website or art price list in your
response.Best Regards.*

------

I responded confirming that I did ship worldwide and for her to go to my website and click on the "Buy Art" link where most of my pieces (with the exception of two new original works) are available for sale direct from the website. She then responded with a link to the exact 2 pieces that are not
available for sale online. Adding more "weird" to this interaction, I noticed that at the bottom of her message, there seemed to be another email from a "Robert" (same period after the name that "Renata." uses) requesting nanny services (LOL):

--
Hello,
     My name is Robert Dennis from Kansas, I will like to know if you
render nanny service? If yes kindly get back to me 7858160171.

Where you locate?

Regard.

Robert.

----

So yes, even as I write this I see scam written all over it. Thank you for your site and consider this my contribution in the fight against these idiots who rather spend time and energy trying to make money on honest people who are trying to spend their time and energy being honest abiding citizens with a dream to live of what their passionate about!

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment