Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Scam Email: Jenna Furrel

Here is one that is too funny. Some really brain-cell challenged scammer has sent out a large spam mailing of his scam, and his templated "pitch" refers to buying christmas gifts (ooops!) but it just went out this week (end of January). So lame. How is he going to catch victims this way?

Here's the one I received from Jenna Furrel (jennafurrel@yahoo.com)
Hello
I have visited your website and i am very impressed by the wonderful pieces you have on display. I will like to buy this pieces for my parent as christmas and 30th wedding anniversary gift

(Names of my art and sizes)

I will like to know how much this costs.about the shipping i will like to arrange for pick up if you dont mind and the delivery address is in UAE and also if you accept mastercard or Visa card as a method of payment.
Kindly get back to me asap.
Best Regards
jenna

3 comments:

  1. I also received one from Jenna Furrel. Same text as above.

    Here's the one I received from Jenna Furrel (jennafurrel@yahoo.com)

    Hello
    I have visited your website and i am very impressed by the wonderful pieces you have on display. I will like to buy this pieces for my parent as christmas and 30th wedding anniversary gift

    (Names of my art and sizes)

    I will like to know how much this costs.about the shipping i will like to arrange for pick up if you dont mind and the delivery address is in UAE and also if you accept mastercard or Visa card as a method of payment.
    Kindly get back to me asap.
    Best Regards
    jenna

    Since it arrived on Jan. 27, I sincerely doubt that it is a Christmas present. And, of course, all of the information requested is already on my website.

    This is the second time I've received one of these. I'm also a professional speaker. The same scam is being used to order books and other training products from speakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell for the first step of "Jenna Furrel" The fact that it was after Christmas didn't make me suspicious. A lot of people give combination gifts so I thought it was a late Christmas gift and anniversary gift. After trying 3 credit cards that weren't approved, she had a "friend" send his. It went through. She then said she was also giving a Jeep to her parents and wanted it delivered at the same time as the art. The cost of sending the "Jeep" was $3500.00. The "shipping company" she wanted to use only took Western Union and Money Grams as payment so she wanted me to take more credit card money to send the cash.

    I tracked down the address of the credit card that did get processed and he had already disputed the charges and cancelled his card. Now I'm waiting for the credit card company to take the money out of my account.

    I feel pretty stupid I took the bait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that might help is to get a credit card number from the scammer. Then tell the scammer it wasn't accepted and report it as a stolen number. They'll probably give you another number. Keep doing that as long as possible. It can go on for days so it would be good to report the numbers as you get them so the number stops working immediately. If we all did that it would take a lot of stolen credit card numbers off of the market.

    I use a telephone authorization service and called the "help" line. From the first 6 numbers of the credit card number they can find the contact information of the issuing bank. I called each bank and reported the stolen numbers.

    ReplyDelete