Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Artist Experience: Jessica Bianchi Scam Email Part III

Ah, the Jessica Bianchi scam continues to float around to more artists, and I'm glad to say we've saved another artist from falling victim! Yea! congratulations, Sandra, for thinking to google the name before getting much further into the scam. I'm so pleased these posts were of help to you. That's why I do it. We artists have a hard enough go of it, we do NOT need the additional burden of scam artists actually targeting us!

Here is the first email Sandra got (and then forwarded to me so I could post it):

From: Jessica Bianchi [jesica001bianchi@yahoo.com]
Subject: Art Purchase

Hello,
I and my Cousin have interest in purchasing some piece of Art from your gallery hence i will like to know if you sell internationally (Belarus) and also if you accept (Credit Card) as a method of payment,if you do i want you to get back to me with your updated webpage, so that i can make choice of the Art to purchase from your gallery.
Your response is needed so that we can proceed.
I await your response.
Thanks
Jessica
 And here is the second email Sandra received from "Jessica Bianchi" (it's funny that they all look so similar, but good for us, so they are somewhat easy to learn to recognize). You can guess they grabbed the names and information right off her website:

From: Jessica Bianchi [jesica001bianchi@yahoo.com]
Subject: Re: Art Purchase

Hello,
Good to hear from you, I want you to get back to me with the cost of each and shipping cost  of the below:

PAINTINGS
Name: Flower Steps
Framed Giclee Print 16” x 20”
------------------------------
Name: Hatian
Framed Giclee Print 16” x 20”
------------------------------
Name: Let's Dance
Framed Giclee Print 16” x 20”
------------------------------
Name: Girls Chatting
Framed Giclee Print 16” x 20”
------------------------------
Name: Baiana in Salvador
Framed Giclee Print 16” x 20”

I want you to get back to me with the cost and shipping of the above so that you can have the credit card to run for the payment.
I will be looking forward to hear from you asap.
Thanks
Shipping Address
Jessica Bianchi
13F, Skoryna ave.
Minsk, Belarus
And here are Sandra's grateful comments:

Hi Kathleen,

My name is Sandra, I am an artist in L.A., I want to thank you for having the site for fraud against artists, I got the email from Jessica, first I thought that was a bit strange but after we exchange some emails I starting to fall on that trap, and finally I decide to google her before I invest my money on her order and I got your info when I google her.

I didn't know how to post my comment on your blog, sorry, you save me money and time, you are one of these angels out there, I will email her email so you can post on your blog.

I wish you a lot of success with your beautiful art, and a good karma with your great services for the art community.

If you ever come to L.A., please let me know I would love to treat you for a dinner, lunch or anything that you need.

Have a great week,

Life is full of surprises

Sandra

Glad to be of help! Let's keep posting our experiences and help other artists who will surely also receive one of these emails at some point.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    Pretty sure you should add this to your list of scammers. Thank you for your information and persistence with getting these crooks known.
    Jill




    From: Jessica Slagleton [jessica5050slagleton@gmail.com]
    Subject: Artwork Inquiry
    Date: November 8, 2014 4:40:41 PM PST
    To:
    Reply-To: jessica5050slagleton@zoho.com

    Hello,

    Nice Artwork,your work is okay for me to beautify my home.
    I would like to purchase an item from your Artworks,I don’t know if
    your Gallery ship internationally to Europe mainly Londonderry. I will be more than happy if you acknowledge my request and If there is any problem processing this request please inform me immediately as to look elsewhere and please includes your updated website that differentiate sold items from available ones in your response.
    All the best.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - this person just emailed me this morning and my instinct was "scam". No full name, no "how if found your work, etc..". I googled the email address and found this blogpost. Thanks for posting this, and educating people out there to this type of buffoonery. Here is the email address and message I was sent:

    jessica5050slagleton@gmail.com

    Hi there,

    Could you please confirm if I can place an purchase from your gallery?
    I am from Cyprus in Europe, I know the difficulties encountered
    shipping internationally but I hope we can sort it out without any
    tribulation.

    Kindly get back to me with your available work or with your updated
    website that displays your current work only, if you accept my request
    All the best.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received two similar emails from jessica5050slagleton@gmail.com.

    This time her stated location was Cyprus. Thanks all for posting about these scammers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing these. I was curious about this email.


    Name: Jessica Slagleton
    Email Address: jessica5050slagleton@gmail.com
    Subject: Order Inquiry
    Message:

    Hi there,

    Can you please confirm if I can purchase pieces of work from your gallery?
    I am from Europe, I know the difficulties encountered shipping internationally I hope we can sort this out without any tribulation.

    Kindly get back to me with your available work or updated website that displays your current work only if you accept my request
    All the best.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just received the "Jessica Slagleton" email. My first instinct was also SCAM, so I googled and here I am.

    Good luck out there folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got this one from:
    Gabriella Hassan

    Hi there,

    Can you please confirm if I can purchase pieces of work from your gallery?
    I am from Europe, I know the difficulties encountered shipping
    internationally I hope we can sort this out without any tribulation.

    Kindly get back to me with your available work or updated website that
    displays your current work only if you accept my request
    All the best.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete