Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Scam Email: Harry Donna

I've been getting a flurry of scam emails of the old-fashion type - MILLIONS of dollars at my disposal in some foreign account. Nothing about these emails are actually personalized (and that is what makes them old-fashion scams - the new generation scam emails personalize things to make themselves appear more legitimate). And another funny thing? This below email DID actually originate from a server in Nigeria (82.128.7.222 which belongs to multilinks.com in nigeria). Again, the formatting is intentional as it is how they send these out.

From: "HARRY DONNA"
Subject: Good Day,

HARRY DONNA AND ASSOCIATES.
CORPORATE ATTORNEYS.
96a, GRAYS INN RD LONDON, WC1X 8AL,
ENGLAND
Email: harry_d112@yahoo.com.hk

Good Day,

This is a personal email directed to you and I request that it be treated as such. I am Barrister HARRY DONNA ,a solicitor at law.I am the personal attorney/sole executor to the late Mr Brian Fletcher Randolf, hereinafter referred to as 'my client' who worked as an independent oil magnate in my country and who died in a car crash with his immediate family on the 4th of oct,1998. Since the death of my client in oct,1998, I have written several letters to the embassy with an intent to locate any of his extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandone personal estate and all such efforts have been to no avail.
Moreso,I have received official letters in the last few weeks suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his abandoned personal assets in line with existing laws by the bank in which my client deposited the sum of 25.5 Million Pounds. On this note i decided to search for a credible person who can assist me in this transaction, that I may,with your consent, present you to the "trustee" bank as my late client's surviving family member so as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.
I find this possible for the fuller reasons of your nationality making it a lot easier for you to put up a claim in that capacity.I propose that 35% of the net sum will accrue to you at the conclusion of this deal in so far as I do not incure further expenses. Therefore, to
facilitate the immediate transfer of this fund, you need, first to contact me via this email or via my office signifying your interest and as soon as I obtain your confidence,I will immediately appraise you with the
complete details as well as fax you the documents,with which you are to proceed and i shall direct on how to put up an application to the bank.
However, you will have to accent to an express agreement which I will forward to you in order to bind us in this transaction. Upon the reciept of your reply,I will send you by fax or E-mail the next step to take.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this proposal is hitch-free
and that you should not entertain any fears as the required arrangements have been made for the completion of this transfer. Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this.

Best regards,

Barr HARRY DONNA,


No comments:

Post a Comment