Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scam Email: Eliot Graham

Here is a typical scam email under the name of Eliot Graham. It's almost always the super horrible grammar, spelling and formatting that gives them away.
Return-Path: [mackerelrodrigo@gmail.com]
From: Eliot Graham [graham_eliot@yahoo.co.uk]
Subject: Inquiry about your sculpture

Hello
I saw a preview of your sculpture work via a friend of mine  she reside in Amsterdam Netherland she a send me a link to a site that previewed your work so am writing in request to know if you can direct me to your own personal website where i can view more of your work and see if we can reach an agreement in purchasing some of
your sculpture i would like to have them displayed in my new home, my friend also tell me  about  your creative approach to you work and it's creativeness i do not reside
in the Netherlands which as been a major concern to me on our to purchase your piece can you send me images or website to your new work.
Thanks
Eliot

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kathleen,
     
    Thank you so much for your website about scammers who target artists.  This was a first for me.  I got an email about an art card order.  At first delighted, it seemed a bit odd and was in the "too good to be true" arena.  Also, shipping to Denmark?!??!?!?

    So I googled the name and your site came up.  Bless your heart! 
     
    The name is Richard Aaron Graham. 

    ReplyDelete